Warren and Kristi Boyce: Beautiful Ballroom Dancing

In the past, many ballroom and latin dance schools/clubs would arrange, probably once each year, a dance holiday at a hotel (which was the fortunate possessor of a suitable ballroom floor), an occasion which invariably proved such a success that the arrangement was established as a regular event ... FULL STORY

We Shall Have Music

Musical Notes
It’s not only a matter of ‘Pop’ - that is, a type of music that is currently popular - the contemporary ‘pop’ aspect is welcomed and appreciated on all sides. But when it comes to ballroom and Latin dancing no-one can escape a glaring fact; that whatever the music, ‘pop’ or ‘classic’ in it‘s style, it should relate directly and explicitly to the dance concerned ... FULL STORY

Report on National Dance Events Competition - Watch For Free on TDC!

NRE Report
The brand new venue of The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham provided an excellent centre for what must be one of the best National Selection competitions to be held this year.

Martin & Carol Cutler presented the EADA National Selection Competitions for Amateur Ballroom AND Amateur Latin American events in what is probably one of the best Ballrooms in this country, over 600 people watched the evening competitions that had everything. ... FULL STORY

Bryan Allen Elected President of BDC

Bryan Allen
The Dancing Channels would like to congratulate Bryan Allen on his election to president of the British Dance Council.

Bryan is a well known pillar of the dance community, having been an avid competitor, his many years experience have contributed to his success as a teacher, adjudicator and journalist. Readers of Dance News will ... FULL STORY

Morris Dance Movie Giving New Life To Dance

Morris Dancing
It is said that the English tradition of Morris dancing, a folk dance performed in choreographed groups, is expected to die out within the next 20 years - as younger generations do not want to get involved.

However a new film, “Morris: A Life with Bells On”, a heart warming take on life as a ... FULL STORY

Success at Monaco!

Monaco IPDSC Standard Winners
The Dancing Channels would like to congratulate our members and everyone involved at the Monacao DanceSport Festival for helping to make the event and live broadcasts such a success. Special thanks go to Cherry Kingston, Peter Maxwell, Gill Mackenzie and the team at the Salle du Canton.

The live broadcasts saw record viewers from ... FULL STORY

Zumba takes world by storm

Zumba is becoming increasingly popular worldwide as this aerobic routine provides cardiovascular exercise whilst dancing to latin rhythms.

The fun workout comprises of approximately 70% latin dance (for example, cha-cha-cha, samba and mambo) and the other 30% is a mix of other dances from around the world, including hip hop. Participants often comment that it’s so ... FULL STORY